POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS- Abdominoplasty
- Maintain head of bed at 30-degree angle.
- Keep knees flexed on 2 pillows.
- When getting out of bed, turn on side then push up avoiding flexing abdominal muscles.
- Record drain regularly (each drain separately) and write down on a sheet of paper.
- Wear garment at all times.
- May shower after you are seen by Dr. Afifi.
- NO ASPIRIN, IBUPROFEN, ALCOHOL or anything that causes bleeding for 2 weeks. If in doubt, please ask Dr. Afifi.
- No heavy lifting (greater than 10 pounds) or sexual activity for 4 - 6 weeks.
•Vicodin 1tablets by mouth every 4 hrs as needed for the pain.
•Cipro 500 mg 2 times per day by mouth until gone.
- Activity: Important to walk 4x/ day around house, after surgery.
- Diet: Clear liquids, advance to regular diet as tolerated.
Call office for: A) If temperature is 101.5 or greater
B) Excessive drain output.
C) Localized swelling or fluid collection.
D) Redness extending from incisions.
E) Purulent or foul smelling drainage from incisions.
- Any questions or concerns during business hours, call Dr. Afifi office (949) 767-7444.
- Follow-up Appointment: Dr. Afifi wants follow up appointments at 3 weeks, 6weeks, 3 months, 9 months and yearly after the procedure. It is your responsibility to make these appointments.
click here to print instructions