POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS- Breast Lift - Mastopexy
1. Maintain head of bed at 30-degree angle.
2. Record drain output 3 times a day.
3. Wear Bra at all times. (Except for shower after you see Dr. Afifi )
4. May shower 48 hours after surgery. (Except for shower after you see Dr. Afifi )
5. Usual Medications :
Vicodin 1 tablets by mouth every 4-6 hrs as needed for pain.
Cipro 500mg 1 tablet 2 times daily until gone.
6. Activity: Important to walk 4x/ day around house, after surgery.
7. Diet: Clear liquids, advance to regular diet as tolerated.
8. Call office for: A) If temperature is 101.5 or greater
B) Excessive drain output.
C) Localized swelling or fluid collection.
D) Redness extending from incisions.
E) Purulent or foul smelling drainage from incisions.
9. Any questions or concerns during business hours, call Dr. Afifi office.
10. Follow-up Appointment: Dr. Afifi wants follow up appointments at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 9 months and yearly after the procedure. It is your responsibility to make these appointments.
Click here to print