Wrinkles, fine lines, and various skin abnormalities are all common aspects of the aging process. When diet, exercise, and skin creams fail to achieve your desired results, laser facial treatment is an option you may want to consider exploring. Take a few moments to learn more about how laser facial treatments can revitalize your complexion to give you a younger look.
How Does Laser Facial Treatment Work?
Laser facial treatment relies on sophisticated technology to target many different skin problems. First, a local anesthetic is applied to sensitive areas to alleviate any discomfort. Next, a high-powered laser carefully removes the top layer of skin from targeted areas while simultaneously stimulating the dermis layer beneath.
A laser facial treatment usually takes no more than a few hours to complete. As the skin heals, wrinkles, acne, or scars will become less prominent and may disappear altogether. The final result of laser facial treatment is a much smoother, healthier skin tone, giving you a more youthful appearance.
What Skin Concerns Can Laser Facial Treatment Address?
While certain skincare ointments can slowly help create better-looking skin, results can be unpredictable and daily application can be time-consuming. Laser facial treatments can resolve numerous cosmetic skin issues much faster and more effectively than many at-home remedies. Here are a few ways laser facial treatment can enhance the vitality of your skin:
- Repair acne scars
- Tighten wrinkles around eyes or mouth
- Remove birth spots, lesions, or discoloration of the skin
- Eliminate unwanted hair growth
Advantages of Laser Facial Treatment
Face creams that promise to create more beautiful skin often take a long time to begin working, and the results can be underwhelming. On the other hand, surgeries to improve skin tone are costly and recovery usually takes a considerable amount of time. For many, laser facial treatment is a better way to improve complexion quickly without the need for constant skin maintenance or complex invasive procedures. There are many unique benefits to laser facial treatment that other skin rejuvenation options don’t provide, including:
- Fast and Simple Procedure: A laser facial treatment can take just a single afternoon. Laser treatments may be focused on specific areas or reinvigorate the entire face, depending on your needs.
- Rapid Recovery: Most individuals can return to normal activities within a week or less. In contrast, many cosmetic surgeries take much more time to heal.
- Lasting Results: Laser facial treatments improve the aesthetics of skin for the long term. After a single treatment, you’ll see a massive improvement in how your skin looks.
- Safe: A laser facial treatment is a safe and non-invasive procedure. Laser treatment is an excellent option for those who would prefer to avoid surgery.
If you want to understand more about how laser facial treatment can make your skin look better than ever, our team at the Newport Beach plastic surgery practice of Ghada Y. Afifi MD, FACS, is happy to answer your questions. We work closely with you to focus on your specific concerns, offering guidance every step of the way. Call us to schedule an appointment today.